Subject: Welcome to OpenBSD 2.8! Secure by Default!

From: [email-masked] (Theo de Raadt)
Date: Wed Nov 1 15:46:46 MST 2000

This message attempts to describe the most basic initial questions that a
system administrator of an OpenBSD box might have.  You are urged to save
this message for later reference.

For more information on how to setup your OpenBSD system, refer to the
"afterboot" man page (ie. after you exit the mail subsystem, type
"man afterboot" ).  If you are not familiar with how to read man pages, type
"man man" at a shell prompt and read the entire thing.  Pay specific
attention to the "man -k keyword" option, which will permit you to find the
man page you are looking for easier.  The GNU "info" subsystem is also
installed with further documentation resources; to read info pages type "info".
(The info subsystem behaves like the popular emacs editor).

Again, PLEASE READ THE MANUAL PAGES.  Our developers have spent countless
hours improving them so that they are clear and precise.

If you have installed the X11 packages during the install process, you can find
further information regarding configuration in the file /usr/X11R6/README.

Several popular binary packages (pre-compiled applications) are available
for most architectures.  If you installed from a CD-ROM the packages
are on the same CD-ROM you installed from in the directory 2.8/packages.

CD-ROM Space permitted us to include a subset of the following packages
for the most common architectures.  Please see the FTP sites if you find
something you need missing.

   9menu-1.5.tgz           9wm-1.1.tgz                ADMfzap-0.1.tgz
   ADMsmb-0.2.tgz          ADMsnmp-0.1.tgz            Business-CreditCard-0.21.tgz
   LPRng-3.6.12.tgz        Mesa-3.2.1.tgz             PGPlib.tgz
   STk-3.1.1.tgz           Tktable-2.6.tgz            Wnn-data-4.2.tgz
   Wnn-xwnmo-4.2.tgz       XPostitPlus-2.3.tgz        Xaw3d-1.5.tgz
   aalib-1.2-no_x11.tgz    aalib-1.2.tgz              abiword-0.7.10.tgz
   abook-0.4.10.tgz        abuse-2.0.tgz              ac3dec-0.5.6.tgz
   adcomplain-3.52.tgz     afterstep-1.8.0.tgz        amanda-2.4.1p1.tgz
   amaya-3.2.1.tgz         amaya-english-dict.tgz     amaya-french-dict.tgz
   an-0.93.tgz             analog-4.11.tgz            antiword-0.30.tgz
   apc-upsd.tgz            arpcatch.tgz               arping-0.94.tgz
   arpwatch-2.1a4.tgz      asclock-1.0-breton.tgz     asclock-1.0-czech.tgz
   asclock-1.0-dutch.tgz   asclock-1.0-english.tgz    asclock-1.0-french.tgz
   asclock-1.0-german.tgz  asclock-1.0-hungarian.tgz  asclock-1.0-italian.tgz
   asclock-1.0-norwegian.tgz asclock-1.0-portuguese.tgz asclock-1.0-spanish.tgz
   asclock-1.0-swedish.tgz smail-0.56.tgz             aterm-0.4.0.tgz
   aub-2.0.5.tgz           aumix-2.7.tgz              autoconf-2.13.tgz
   automake-1.4.tgz        axe-6.1.2.tgz              base64-1.0.tgz
   bash-2.04.tgz           bclock-1.0.tgz             beav-1.40-13.tgz
   bfbtester-1.0.tgz       bibview-2.2.tgz            bind-9.0.0.tgz
   bing-1.0.4.tgz          bison-1.27.tgz             bitchx-1.0c17.tgz
   bk2site-1.1.5.tgz       blackbox-0.61.0.tgz        blast-1.0.tgz
   bluefish-0.4.tgz        bnetd-0.4.19.tgz           bochs-2000_0325a-debugger.tgz
   bochs-2000_0325a.tgz    boehm-gc-4.12.tgz          bonnie-1.0.tgz
   bounix-1.21.tgz         bricons-3.0.tgz            buffer-1.17.1.tgz
   bulk_mailer-1.13.tgz    bvi-1.2.0.tgz              bzip2-1.0.1.tgz
   c2html-0.9.2.tgz        calc-2.11.1t3.0.tgz        catdoc-0.90b4.tgz
   cdparanoia-3.a9.7.tgz   cdrdao-1.1.3.tgz           cdrecord-1.9.tgz
   cfengine-1.4.12.tgz     cfs-1.3.3.tgz              cgichk-3.6.tgz
   cgiparse-0.8e.tgz       cgoban-1.9.10.tgz          checkpassword-0.81.tgz
   cidr-2.3.tgz            clog-1.6.tgz               common-1.0.6.tgz
   connect4-3.2.tgz        conserver-5.21.tgz         cook-2.15.tgz
   cops-1.04.tgz           courier-imap-1.1.tgz       ctm.tgz
   ctwm-3.5.2.tgz          curl-7.3-kerberos.tgz      curl-7.3.tgz
   cvs2cl-2.29.tgz         cvsup-bin-16.1-no_x11.tgz  cvsweb-1.103.1.33.tgz
   cyrproxy-1.4.2.tgz      cyrus-sasl-1.5.24.tgz      d1489-1.4.tgz
   daemontools-0.70.tgz    dante-1.1.2.tgz            db-3.1.17-java.tgz
   db-3.1.17.tgz           ddd-3.2.1.tgz              deco-3.8.3.tgz
   decss-0.0.6.tgz         dejagnu-1.3.tgz            dejagnu-19990614.tgz
   delay-1.4.tgz           detex-2.6.tgz              dgpsip-1.32.tgz
   dia-0.86.tgz            dialog-0.6z.tgz            djbdns-1.01.tgz
   docbook-4.1.tgz         docbook-modular-1.57.tgz   dopewars-1.4.8.tgz
   dot-forward-0.71.tgz    dsniff-2.2.tgz             dxpc-3.8.0.tgz
   efax-0.9.tgz            electricfence-2.0.5.tgz    elm-2.4ME+66.tgz
   elvis-2.1.4-no_x11.tgz  elvis-2.1.4.tgz            emacs-20.7-no_x11.tgz
   emacs-20.7.tgz          emiclock-2.0.2.tgz         enlightenment-0.16.5.tgz
   enscript-1.6.1.tgz      epic4-0.9.9.tgz            es-0.9b1.tgz
   esound-0.2.20.tgz       eterm-0.8.10.tgz           ethereal-0.8.12.tgz
   exim-3.16.tgz           expat-1.1.tgz              expect-5.32.1.tgz
   ezmlm-0.53.tgz          fastforward-0.51.tgz       fastjar-0.90.tgz
   fetchmail-5.5.3-kerberos.tgz fetchmail-5.5.3.tgz   figlet-2.2.tgz
   firewalk-0.8.tgz        fltk-1.0.9.tgz             flwm-0.25.tgz
   fnlib-0.5.tgz           fping-1.20.tgz             fragrouter-1.6.tgz
   freebsd_lib-2.2.8.tgz   freeciv-1.11.4-gtk.tgz     freefonts-0.10.tgz
   freetype-1.3.tgz        freeze-2.5.tgz             frodo-4.1a.tgz
   fsv-0.9.tgz             fvwm95-2.0.43a.tgz         gAcc-0.7.2.tgz
   gd-1.8.3-no_x11.tgz     gd-1.8.3.tgz               gdbm-1.8.0.tgz
   gettext-0.10.35.tgz     ghostscript-5.50.tgz       ghostview-1.5.tgz
   gif2png-2.3.3.tgz       giflib-4.1.0.tgz           gifsicle-1.21.tgz
   gimp-1.1.27.tgz         glib-1.2.8.tgz             gmake-3.79.1.tgz
   gnuchess-4.0.80.tgz     gnugo-2.6.tgz              gnuls-4.0.tgz
   gnupg-1.0.4.tgz         gnushogi-1.2.3.tgz         gofer-2.30a.tgz
   gperf-2.7.2.tgz         gqmpeg-0.6.3.tgz           gqview-0.8.2.tgz
   gracula-3.0.tgz         gsl-0.6.tgz                gsm-1.0.10.tgz
   gtar-1.13.17.tgz        gtk+-1.2.8.tgz             gtkglarea-1.2.2.tgz
   gtkmm-1.2.1.tgz         guavac-1.2.tgz             guile-1.4.tgz
   gv-3.5.8.tgz            ha-0.999b.tgz              hackdata.tgz
   hevea-1.05.tgz          hexedit-1.1.0.tgz          hoc-1.1.tgz
   hping-2.0b54.tgz        html-4.0b.tgz              http_load-17sep00.tgz
   httptunnel-3.0.3.tgz    hypermail-2b30.tgz         icb-5.0.9.tgz
   icecast-1.3.7.tgz       icmpinfo-1.11.tgz          icon_interp-9.3.2.tgz
   icon_lib-9.3.3.tgz      id-utils-3.2d.tgz          idiff-1.0.tgz
   imlib-1.9.8.1.tgz       indent-2.2.5.tgz           info2html-1.1.tgz
   iozone-3.24.tgz         ipfm-0.10.4.tgz            irc-2.10.1.tgz
   ircii-4.4Z.tgz          isearch-1.14.tgz           ish-1.11.tgz
   isic-0.05.tgz           iso12083-1993.tgz          iso8879-1986.tgz
   ispell-3.1.20.tgz       ispell-french-3.1.20.tgz   ispell-german-3.1.20.tgz
   ja-Wnn-4.2.tgz          ja-Wnndict-4.2.tgz         ja-eterm-0.8.10.tgz
   ja-fonts-gnu-1.2.tgz    ja-groff-1.10_0.99.tgz     ja-jvim-2.0r-wnn.tgz
   ja-jvim-2.0r.tgz        ja-kinput2-3.0-wnn.tgz     ja-kterm-6.2.0-xaw3d.tgz
   ja-kterm-6.2.0.tgz      ja-less-3.32p2.48.tgz      ja-nkf-1.62.tgz
   ja-onew-wnn4-2.2.10.tgz ja-w3m-0.1.10.tgz          jadetex-2.20.tgz
   jbigkit-1.2.tgz         jed-0.99.11-no_x11.tgz     jed-0.99.11.tgz
   jftpgw-0.0.11.tgz       jive-1.1.tgz               joe-2.8.tgz
   john-1.6.tgz            jpeg-6b.tgz                jpilot-0.98.1.tgz
   kaffe-1.0.5.tgz         kakasi-2.3.1.tgz           kanjips.tgz
   ko-Wnn-4.2.tgz          ko-Wnndict-4.2.tgz         l0phtcrack-2.52.tgz
   larswm-7.0.8.tgz        lclint-2.5q.tgz            leafnode-1.9.17.tgz
   lesstif-0.91.8.tgz      lftp-2.3.3.tgz             lha-1.14f.tgz
   libart-2.3.3.tgz        libaudiofile-0.1.10.tgz    libghttp-1.0.7.tgz
   libident-0.22.tgz       libnet-1.0.1b.tgz          libnids-1.14.tgz
   libproplist-0.10.1.tgz  librep-0.12.4.tgz          libsigc++-1.0.1.tgz
   libslang-1.4.2.tgz      libtool-1.3.5.tgz          libxml-2.2.4.tgz
   links-0.92.tgz          linleech-2.2.1.tgz         linux_lib-2.6.1.tgz
   linuxdoc-1.1.tgz        lmbench-1.1.tgz            logsurfer-1.5.tgz
   lopster-0.9.4.tgz       lsof-4.51.1.tgz            lua-3.2.tgz
   lupe-0.07.tgz           lzo-1.06.tgz               lzop-1.00.tgz
   m4-1.4.tgz              magicpoint-1.07a.tgz       maildrop-1.2.tgz
   malsync-1.6.tgz         mawk-1.3.3.tgz             mess822-0.58.tgz
   metamail-2.7.tgz        mgdiff-1.0.tgz             mhash-0.8.2.tgz
   mhonarc-2.4.6.tgz       micq-0.4.5.tgz             mirror-2.9.tgz
   mkhybrid-1.12b5.1.tgz   mm-1.1.3.tgz               mod_perl-1.24.tgz
   most-4.9.0.tgz          mouseclock-1.0.tgz         movemail-1.0.tgz
   mp3cddb.tgz             mp3info-0.2.16.tgz         mtools-3.9.7.20000821.tgz
   mpage-2.5-a4.tgz        mpage-2.5-legal.tgz        mpage-2.5-us_letter.tgz
   mpeg_lib-1.3.1.tgz      mpeg_play-2.4.tgz          mrtg-2.8.12.tgz
   mpg123-0.59r.tgz        mrtd-1.6.0a.tgz            mutt-1.2.5i-slang-imap-pop.tgz
   mpack-1.5.tgz           mtr-0.42.tgz               mutt-1.2.5i-curses.tgz
   mpegaudio-3.9.tgz       mysql-3.22.32-pth.tgz      mutt-1.2.5i-slang.tgz
   mysql-3.22.32.tgz       nam-1.0a8.tgz              nano-0.9.19.tgz
   nasm-0.98.tgz           nbaudit-1.0.tgz            ncftp-3.0.1.tgz
   nedit-5.1.1.tgz         nemesis-1.1.tgz            nessus-1.0.5.tgz
   netatalk-990130.tgz     nethack-3.3.0-x11.tgz      nethack-3.3.0.tgz
   netpipe-2.4.tgz         netpipes-4.1.1-export.tgz  netris-0.5.tgz
   newsfetch-1.21.tgz      nmap-2.54b6.tgz            nmapfe-0.9.5.tgz
   nmh-1.0.4.tgz           nsping-0.8.tgz             nspmod-0.1.tgz
   nte-1.7.0.tgz           ntop-1.1.tgz               nvi-m17n-1.79.19991117.tgz
   ocaml-3.00.tgz          olvwm-4.2.tgz              openjade-1.3.tgz
   openldap-2.0.6.tgz      opennap-0.36.tgz           otcl-1.0a5.tgz
   p5-Apache-DBI-0.87.tgz  p5-AsciiDB-TagFile-1.05.tgz p5-CDDB-1.03.tgz
   p5-Compress-LZO-1.00.tgz p5-Compress-Zlib-1.08.tgz p5-Crypt-SSLeay-0.17.tgz
   p5-DBD-Pg-0.95.tgz      p5-DBI-1.14.tgz            p5-Date-Calc-4.3.tgz
   p5-DateManip-5.39.tgz   p5-Digest-MD5-2.12.tgz     p5-File-Tail-0.97.tgz
   p5-FreezeThaw-0.3.tgz   p5-GD-1.30-no_x11.tgz      p5-GD-1.30.tgz
   p5-GD-Graph-1.33.tgz    p5-GD-Graph3d-0.54.tgz     p5-GD-TextUtil-0.80.tgz
   p5-HTML-Base-0.6.tgz    p5-HTML-Parser-3.13.tgz    p5-HTML-Tagset-3.02.tgz
   p5-MIME-Base64-2.11.tgz p5-MP3-Info-0.80.tgz       p5-Mail-POP3Client-2.6.tgz
   p5-Mail-Tools-1.1401.tgz p5-Time-HiRes-1.20.tgz    p5-Time-TimeDate-1.10.tgz
   p5-URI-1.09.tgz         p5-libnet-1.0703.tgz       p5-libwww-5.48.tgz
   par-1.51.tgz            pccts-1.33r22.tgz          pchar-1.2.tgz
   pcre-3.2.tgz            pdmenu-1.2.61.tgz          php3-3.0.16-mysql.tgz
   php3-3.0.16-postgresql.tgz php3-3.0.16.tgz         php4-4.0.3pl1-mysql.tgz
   php4-4.0.3pl1-postgresql.tgz php4-4.0.3pl1.tgz     piewm-1.0.tgz
   pilot-link-0.9.3.tgz    pilot_makedoc-0.7.tgz      plor-0.3.2.tgz
   png-1.0.8.tgz           pngcrush-1.5.1.tgz         pop3gwd-1.2.tgz
   popa3d-0.4-apop.tgz     popa3d-0.4.tgz             popclient-3.0b6.tgz
   poppassd-4.0.tgz        popt-1.5.tgz               postfix-19991231-pl09.tgz
   postgresql-7.0.2-tcl.tgz postgresql-7.0.2.tgz      postgresql-docs-7.0.2.tgz
   ppgen-1.0.tgz           prc-tools-0.5.0.tgz        procmail-3.15.tgz
   proxy-suite-1.7.tgz     psutils-1.17-a4.tgz        pth-1.3.7.tgz
   publicfile-0.52.tgz     python-1.6-tk-threads.tgz  python-1.6.tgz
   qhacc-0.6.1a.tgz        qlwm-1.7.tgz               qmail-1.03.tgz
   qmailanalog-0.70.tgz    qt2-2.1-gl.tgz             qt2-2.1.tgz
   queso-980922.tgz        qvwm-1.1.8-imlib.tgz       qvwm-1.1.8-esound-imlib.tgz      
   qvwm-1.1.8.tgz          radiusd-cistron-1.6.4.tgz  radiusd-lucent-2.1.tgz
   radiusreport-0.3b6.tgz  rat-3.0.tgz                rc-1.6-editline.tgz
   rc-1.6-readline.tgz     rc-1.6.tgz                 rclock-2.6.1.tgz
   recode-3.5.tgz          relate.tgz                 remind-3.0.22.tgz
   rio500-0.7.tgz          root-tail-0.0.6.tgz        rplay-3.3.0.tgz
   rpm-3.0.4.tgz           rpm2cpio-1.0.tgz           rrdtool-1.0.25-tcl.tgz
   rrdtool-1.0.25.tgz      rsync-2.4.6.tgz            rsynth-2.0.tgz
   rtptools-1.9.tgz        rtty-3.2.tgz               ruby-1.4.6.tgz
   rxp-1.2.tgz             rxvt-2.7.3.tgz             sablotron-0.44.tgz
   sam-4.3-19980506.tgz    samba-2.0.7.tgz            scanlogd-2.1.tgz
   screen-3.9.8.tgz        sdd-1.22.tgz               sdr-2.7e.tgz
   serialmail-0.75.tgz     setquota-0.1.tgz           seyon-2.14b.tgz
   sftp-0.8.1.tgz          sgmlformat-1.7.tgz         sharity-light-1.2.tgz
   sharutils-4.2.1.tgz     shash-0.2.3-static.tgz     shash-0.2.3.tgz
   shtool-1.5.1.tgz        slash-3.2.2-e8-x11.tgz     slash-3.2.2-e8.tgz
   slirp-1.0c.tgz          slrn-0.9.6.2.tgz           smurflog-2.1.tgz
   snort-1.6.3.tgz         socket-1.1.tgz             solid-pop3d-0.15-apop.tgz
   solid-pop3d-0.15.tgz    sox-12.17.tgz              sp-1.2.1.tgz
   spider-1.1.tgz          splitvt-1.6.3.tgz          squid-2.3.tgz
   star-1.2.tgz            starlanes-1.2.2.tgz        stat-1.3.tgz
   strobe-1.06.tgz         stunnel-3.8.tgz            surfraw-1.0.2.tgz
   swatch-3.0.1.tgz        swig-1.3a5.tgz             swisswatch-0.06.tgz
   t1lib-1.0.1.tgz         tcl-8.0.5.tgz              tcl-8.3.2.tgz
   tclcl-1.0b9.tgz         tcpblast-1.0.tgz           tcpflow-0.12.tgz
   tcplist-2.2.tgz         tcpreplay-1.0.1.tgz        tcptrace-5.2.1.tgz
   tcs-19950325.tgz        tcsh-6.09.03.tgz           teTeX_base-1.0.7.tgz
   teTeX_texmf-1.0.2.tgz   teknap-1.0.tgz             texi2html-1.52.tgz
   thttpd-2.20.tgz         tidy-4aug00.tgz            tiff-3.5.5.tgz
   tiff2png-0.81.tgz       tintin-1.5.6.tgz           tinyfugue-4.0s1.tgz
   tircproxy-0.4.5.tgz     tk-8.0.5.tgz               tk-8.3.2.tgz
   tkcron-2.12.tgz         tkcvs-6.0.tgz              tkinfo-2.5.tgz
   tkrat-2.0b9.tgz         totd-1.1p4.tgz             tracker-5.3.tgz
   trafd-3.0.1.tgz         trafshow-3.1.tgz           transfig-3.2.3c.tgz
   transproxy-1.3.tgz      tvtwm-pl11.tgz             ucd-snmp-4.1.2.tgz
   ucspi-tcp-0.88.tgz      ucspi-unix-0.34.tgz        unace-1.2b.tgz
   unzip-5.41.tgz          urlview-0.9.tgz            usbutil-0.4.tgz
   vat-4.0b2.tgz           vic-2.8ucl4.tgz            viewfax-2.3.tgz
   vim-5.7-no_x11.tgz      viz-1.1.1.tgz              vnc-3.3.2r3.tgz
   vrfy-99.05.22.tgz       vtun-2.3.tgz               w3m-0.1.10.tgz
   w9wm-0.1.tgz            waveplay-1.0.tgz           wb-1.59.tgz
   wbd-1.0ucl4.tgz         wdiff-0.5.tgz              webalizer-2.01.05.tgz
   weblint-1.020.tgz       wget-1.5.3.tgz             wget-msgs-1.5.3-ru.tgz
   whisker-1.4.tgz         whowatch-1.4.tgz           wily-0.13.41.tgz
   windowmaker-0.62.1.tgz  wmbiff-0.2.tgz             wmx-6pre6.tgz
   workman-1.3a.tgz        wterm-6.2.6.tgz            wwwcount-2.5.tgz
   wwwoffle-2.5e.tgz       x2vnc-1.0.tgz              x2x-1.27.tgz
   x48-0.4.0.tgz           xaniroc-1.02.tgz           xantfarm-1.16.tgz
   xarchie-2.0.10.tgz      xasteroids-5.0.tgz         xbatt-1.2.1.tgz
   xbill-2.0.tgz           xbl-1.0j.tgz               xblast-2.6b.tgz
   xbmbrowser-5.1.tgz      xboard-4.0.7.tgz           xboing-2.4.tgz
   xbreaky-0.0.4.tgz       xcb-2.3.tgz                xcd-1.6.tgz
   xcdplayer-2.2.tgz       xcept-2.1.2.tgz            xchat-1.4.3.tgz
   xchomp-pl1.tgz          xco-1.3.tgz                xcoloredit-1.2.tgz
   xcolors-1.3.tgz         xcopilot-0.6.6.tgz         xcubes-5.5.2.tgz
   xcyrillic-2.0.tgz       xd-8087.tgz                xdaliclock-2.11.tgz
   xdeblock-1.0.tgz        xdelta-1.1.1.tgz           xdino-5.5.2.tgz
   xdtm-2.5.8.tgz          xdu-3.0.tgz                xemacs-21.1.12-mule.tgz
   xephem-3.2.3.tgz        xevil-1.5.tgz              xfce-3.4.4.tgz
   xfed-1.0.tgz            xfedor-1.0.tgz             xfig-3.2.3a.tgz
   xfm-1.4.2.tgz           xforms-0.88.tgz            xfstt-1.1.tgz
   xgas-1.0.tgz            xglobe-0.5p1-qt2.tgz       xgolgo-1.0.tgz
   xgrab-2.41.tgz          xjewel-1.6.tgz             xjig-2.4.tgz
   xkeycaps-2.46.tgz       xkobo-1.11-harder.tgz      xkobo-1.11.tgz
   xlbiff-3.0.tgz          xless-1.7.tgz              xlife-3.0.tgz
   xloadimage-4.1.tgz      xlogout-1.1.tgz            xmahjongg-3.3.tgz
   xmake-1.01.tgz          xmbdfed-4.4.tgz            xmine-1.0.3.tgz
   xmix-2.1.tgz            xmj-1.0.tgz                xmmix-1.2.tgz
   xmold-1.0.tgz           xmysql-1.9.tgz             xmysqladmin-1.0.tgz
   xneko-4.4.tgz           xntp3-5.93e.tgz            xonix-1.4.tgz
   xosview-1.7.4.tgz       xpaint-2.5.7.tgz           xpat2-1.04.tgz
   xpdf-0.91.tgz           xpostit-3.3.1.tgz          xprompt-1.4.tgz
   xroach-4.4.tgz          xruskb-1.13.0-motif.tgz    xruskb-1.13.0.tgz
   xskat-3.3.tgz           xsol-2.1.1.tgz             xsoldier-0.96.tgz
   xspread-3.1.1c.tgz      xtacy-1.14.tgz             xtar-1.4.tgz
   xtattr-1.0.tgz          xterm-146.tgz              xtestpicture-1.1.tgz
   xtimer-0.8089.tgz       xtoolwait-1.1.tgz          xtraceroute-0.8.14.tgz
   xview-clients-3.2.1.tgz xview-config-3.2.1.tgz     xview-lib-3.2.1.tgz
   xwpe-1.5.22a.tgz        xzoom-0.3.tgz              yafc-0.6.2.tgz
   ytalk-3.1.1.tgz         zap-1.1.tgz                zebra-0.89.tgz
   zh-Wnn-4.2.tgz          zh-Wnndict-4.2.tgz         zh-c2t-1.0.tgz
   zh-cless-290.tgz        zh-crxvt-2.10-2.tgz        zh-xcin-2.3.04.tgz
   zip-2.3.tgz             zoo-2.10.1.tgz             zsh-3.0.8.tgz

These and many other packages are also available via ftp at
      ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/2.8/packages/
If you do not find a package you want on the CD, please go look at your
nearest FTP mirror site.

Select your architecture and download the tarballs of your choice.  For example
to install the emacs package for i386, execute
  # mount /dev/cd0a /cdrom
  # pkg_add -v /cdrom/2.8/packages/i386/emacs-20.3.tgz
or alternatively install them via FTP thus
  # pkg_add -v ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/2.8/packages/i386/emacs-20.3.tgz

You are STRONGLY urged to use ssh instead of telnet, rlogin, or rsh!  ssh is
included in all OpenBSD systems.  The implimentation is OpenSSH, which we are
the developers of.  Version 2.3.0 is included, and has support for both SSH1
and SSH2 protocols.  For more information, see
	http://www.OpenSSH.com

Significant efforts were made to centralize all system configuration in the
/etc directory.  You should be able to find each of the configuration files
you seek there, lightly documented.  In particular, much of the configuration
has been centralized in the file /etc/rc.conf.  You should not need to ever
edit the file /etc/rc.   The files /etc/rc.securelevel and /etc/rc.local exist
for this purpose; the first is run before the system has gone into secure
mode; the second is run afterwards (if in doubt, add your tools to rc.local).

Please refer to our web pages for any other questions you might have.
	http://www.OpenBSD.org

OpenBSD is free software.  You can do with it as you like, subject to very few
conditions (described at www.OpenBSD.org/policy.html).  But free software isn't
written without money.  Network links, hardware costs, release engineering
and testing work; all these things take money and significant effort on the
part of those who have made this OpenBSD release what it is.  Please reward the
developers who have made OpenBSD what it is, and thus make it possible for this
wonderful process to continue.  For more information on how you can help,
please see www.OpenBSD.org/goals.html and visit www.OpenBSD.org/donations.html
to see a list of those who have donated money, equipment, or other resources
to ensure OpenBSD continues.

If you wish to ensure that OpenBSD runs better on your machines, please do us
a favor (after you have your mail system setup!) and type something like:
    dmesg | mail -s "Sony VAIO 505R laptop, apm works OK" [email-masked]
so that we can see what kinds of configurations people are running.  As shown,
including a bit of information about your machine in the subject or the body
can help us even further.  We will use this information to improve device driver
support in future releases.  (Please do this using the supplied GENERIC kernel,
not for a custom compiled kernel, unless you're unable to boot the GENERIC
kernel).  The device driver information we get from this helps us fix existing
drivers. Thank you!

(If you used 'mail' to read this message and it scrolled by too quickly,
type "more ."  If you wish to save it, use the "x" command.)