This package contains PKI executables that can be used to help make
Certificate System into a more complete and robust PKI solution.
This package is a part of the PKI Core used by the Certificate System.
|| ABOUT "CERTIFICATE SYSTEM" ||
Certificate System (CS) is an enterprise software system designed
to manage enterprise Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) deployments.
PKI Core contains ALL top-level java-based Tomcat PKI components:
which comprise the following corresponding PKI subsystems:
* Certificate Authority (CA)
* Data Recovery Manager (DRM)
* Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) Manager
* Token Key Service (TKS)
* Token Processing Service (TPS)
For deployment purposes, PKI Core contains fundamental packages
required by BOTH native-based Apache AND java-based Tomcat
Certificate System instances consisting of the following components:
Additionally, PKI Core contains the following fundamental packages
required ONLY by ALL java-based Tomcat Certificate System instances:
PKI Core also includes the following components:
Finally, if Certificate System is being deployed as an individual or
set of standalone rather than embedded server(s)/service(s), it is
strongly recommended (though not explicitly required) to include at
least one PKI Theme package:
* dogtag-pki-theme (Dogtag Certificate System deployments)
* redhat-pki-server-theme (Red Hat Certificate System deployments)
* customized pki theme (Customized Certificate System deployments)
NOTE: As a convenience for standalone deployments, top-level meta
packages may be provided which bind a particular theme to
these certificate server packages.